Switching from Citavi 4 to Citavi 5 is easy! Here's everything you might want to know about upgrading:
- Program editions
- Upgrade discounts
- Upgrading from Citavi 4 to Citavi 5
1 | Citavi 5 editions
In Citavi 4 there were three editions that you could unlock with a license key: Citavi Pro for individual users, Citavi Reader and Citavi Team for workgroups. In Citavi 5 we have combined Citavi Pro and Citavi Team into Citavi for Windows.
The ability to read team projects with more than 100 references has now been integrated into Citavi Free.
Citavi for DBServer is our new edition and is meant for large teams. Learn more in the Citavi manual
2 | Upgrade discounts
If you purchased a license for Citavi 4 (Pro or Team) before January 1, 2015, you can purchase Citavi 5 for Windows at a 50% discount.
If you purchased a license for Citavi 3 (Pro or Team) before January 1, 2015, you can purchase Citavi 5 for Windows at a 25% discount.
You'll find your discounted upgrade in your Citavi Account:
- Register for a Citavi Account. Please use the email address* you used for purchasing Citavi 3 or Citavi 4.
- Once registered, click on the More icon (circle with three dots), then Citavi Shop.
- In the Products column, click Upgrade, then Add to cart.
- Finally, click Purchase, fill in your current address and choose one of the payment options. On the confirmation page, click Purchase now.
- Your new license data are now available in your Citavi Account.
*) If you don't have access to the email address you used for purchasing Citavi 3 or Citavi 5 any longer, please let us know so we can help
3 | Switching to Citavi 5
- Uninstall Citavi 4. Your Citavi 4 projects will remain available.
- Install Citavi 5 and enter your license key if requested. Your Citavi 4 projects will be copied and the copies will be converted to Citavi 5 format.
- You can continue working on Word documents created with Citavi 4 in Citavi 5.