The following makro helps you to convert a Citavi 5 project back to Citavi 4 format.
Follow these steps
- Open the Citavi project. Press Alt+F11 to open the Macro editor. On the File menu, click Open and then open the script "01 Export XML from C5 Project.cs" that you downloaded from the link above.
- Click "Run" to start the export.
- Enter a name for the XML file.
- Wait for the "Finished" message. Press OK.
- Install Citavi 4 if not already done. The setup file can be found at http://www.citavi.com/download in the "Special installations" section.
- Open Citavi 4, press Alt+F11, and click File > Open. Open the script "02 Import XML into newly created C4 Project.cs".
- Select the XML file you created.
- Enter a name for the new Citavi 4 project.
- If your Citavi 5 project contained attachments, copy these files from the folder Documents\Citavi 5\Projects\[project name]\Citavi Attachments to Documents\Citavi 4\Projects\[project name]\CitaviFiles.
IMPORTANT: If an error occurs during importing the XML data into a Citavi 4 project, please start Citavi 4 with the command line parameter /noScratch (see manual).