You are using Office 2010 Click-to-Run or Office 2010 Starter. Citavi cannot work with these versions because they do not support "out-of-process applications" (such as Citavi).
Office 2013 Click-to-Run can be used with Citavi.
- Locate the 25 character product key for your Office installation. Usually this can be found on the box, on your receipt, in the confirmation email for your purchase, or as a sticker on the bottom of your laptop.
- Download the full version of Office 2010 from the Microsoft website (Download Office Backup). You may want to copy the Setup file to a DVD and keep the Product Key with the DVD.
- Uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run (How to).
- Install the full version of Office 2010. Please note that if you were using Office 2010 Starter, you will need to obtain a Product Key Card to use the full version.
- Download and install Citavi again.
Additional information on Click-to-Run can be found in Microsoft's Frequently Asked Questions
, e.g. how you can switch between Click-to-Run and a classic installation.