You created a publication with the Word Add-In and inserted in-text citations into your document. Now you would like to change the in-text citations to footnote citations.
We offer a tool to do the conversion between in-text citation and footnote placeholders and from footnote placeholders to in-text citation placeholders.
- In the Word Add-In, on the Citavi ribbon, click Convert > Save a copy with Citavi placeholders.
- Download the Zip file convert_placeholders.zip.
- Extract the Zip file by right-clicking it and then clicking Extract all on the shortcut menu.
- Double-click the Convert Placeholders.exe file.
- Select the copy of the Word document your saved and run the appropriate conversion.
- The placeholders are converted and the tool tells you how many placeholders were converted.
- Open the new document in Word and then select Convert > Convert Citavi placeholders to fields.
If additional text is present in the footnotes it will not be moved into the main body of the text. When the tool finishes, give the converted Word document a quick look to make sure everything is okay.
Please also note that multiple citations in the text may be converted to multiple footnotes. In such cases, you will need to reinsert the references as a multiple citation and then delete the extra footnotes.