I want to continue working on a Word document in which I inserted Citavi 3 placeholders. How can I use this document with the Add-In for Word.
Citavi 5 supports the following versions of Microsoft Word: 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. If you are using one of these versions, please take the following steps:
- Open your Citavi 3 project in Citavi 5. Citavi 5 will create a copy of the project in the new format. (A Citavi 5 project cannot be opened in Citavi 3.)
- Open the Word document containing placeholders.
- In Word, click the Citavi tab.
- On the Citavi ribbon, click Citavi pane and assign the Citavi 5 project to your document.
- On the ribbon click Convert > Convert Citavi placeholders to fields. Your placeholders will be converted to fields.
When you insert references and knowledge items using the Add-In for Word, these will appear as fields and be displayed in the formatting that your citation style prescribes. The bibliography will be updated in real-time as well. If you change the citation style, the formatting will be updated as well.