. Citations and quotations should be inserted into the text and a bibliography should be added automatically at the end of your document.
Citavi works with any program that can handle RTF (Rich Text Format).
1. Open the document in the program:
2. In Citavi, click Tools
. Then, change the default behavior for the Publication Assistant as shown:
3. Start the Publication Assistant:
4. Click Mini
and then click Float
to keep a smaller version of the Publication Assistant above your document:
5. Begin writing your text.
6. Insert references using the Clipboard. To do so, first double-click the reference you want to insert in the Publication Assistant. Citavi then copies the reference to the Clipboard. Paste the reference into your document.
7. A placeholder for the reference is inserted:
This placeholder will be replaced by the formatted citation later on.
8. Insert quotations in the same way:
9. When you are finished writing, save your document as an RTF file.
10. Format the RTF document with Citavi:
11. Citavi checks to see if all of the placeholders have a match in your project (1). You can also select a different citation style (2). After that, click Format (3):
12. Citavi lets you know that the file was formatted successfully:
13. Open the formatted file. The RTF file with the name of the citation style on the end is the formatted file: