The easiest way to search PubMed® is to use Citavi's Online Search feature. For more information, see our manual
If you want to use special features or filtering options in PubMed such as Related searches
, you'll need to perform your search directly in PubMed
. You can then import your results into Citavi.
Importing from PubMed
- Perform your search in PubMed.
- Near the top of the page, click Send to. Under Choose Destination select File. Under Format click MedLine, and then click Create File:
- Save the file pubmed_result.txt to your computer.
- Start Citavi and open the project you want to import the references into.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Select Text file (RIS, BibTeX, etc.), and then click Next.
- Select PubMed. If the import filter is not shown in the list, click Add import filter.
- Select Import a text file. Click Browse.
- Select pubmed_result.txt and click Open. Then click Next.
- Once the import is finished, click Add to project.