I've been using in-text citations. Now I want to change to footnote citations, which means having to change a lot of placeholders. I'd rather not have to do that by hand.
If you used the Add-In for Word to insert references in your document in fields, first convert the fields to placeholders (see our manual
for instructions). Then, follow the steps below:
- Download the Zip file convert_placeholders.zip.
- Extract the Zip file by right-clicking it and then clicking Extract all on the shortcut menu.
- Double-click the Convert Placeholders.exe file.
- Click Select Word document and select the Word document you want to convert.
- On the Move Citavi placeholders tab, click the button for the conversion you want to perform.
- The tool converts the placeholders and lets you know how many placeholders were converted.
- To continue working with the Word Add-In, re-convert the placeholders into fields (see our manual for instructions).
If additional text is present in the footnotes it will not be moved into the main body of the text. When the tool finishes, give the converted Word document a quick look to make sure everything is okay.